No products in the cart.
How Dermaroller can Improve your Skin Wonderfully
Dermaroller – The Secret to Smooth, Glowing Skin
Do you wish to enhance your skin without going through costly cosmetic treatments? Do you want to get rid of ugly acne scars, wrinkles, tighten loose skin, and eliminate stretch marks? You should consider using Dermaroller, a revolutionary skin-care device.
Also called as ‘skin needle therapy’ or ‘non-surgical face lift’, Dermaroller is a safe, natural yet effective cosmetic method which can be easily done at home. It helps nutrients to get rapidly absorbed into your skin boosting their efficacy.
In a quick span of time since its launch, Dermaroller has achieved massive popularity especially among women who don’t have the time to visit salons and want a quick, effective solution to improve the appearance of their skin. Majority of people claim that this device reduces acne marks, signs of aging such as fine lines, stretch marks etc.
Dermaroller is basically a small, cylindrical drum fitted with micro needles. These needles can be rolled over the skin. This device has a simple concept. The Dermaroller makes hundreds of tiny punctures in the skin when it is rolled. This promotes cell regeneration and skin repair. When our body suffers a wound or injury, it restores itself by producing new collagen. This in turn rejuvenates the skin and results in better looking, smooth skin.
Advantages of Dermaroller:
1. Helps to create collagen in a pain free manner.
2. Use of Dermaroller opens up pores and assists large number of ingredients to absorb quickly.
3. Reduces the appearance of wrinkles naturally without causing skin irritation.
4. Dermaroller can be used on any part of the body.
5. Regular use of Dermaroller together with other skin care products such as collagen masks, topical agents, serums etc. can produce fascinating results without any unpleasant side effects.
Dermaroller is a wonderful skin rejuvenation treatment which is appropriate for all skin types.
Given below are detailed answers to some frequently asked questions by users:
Does dermaroller help in reducing hair loss? Can it be used for hair growth?
Several studies have indicated that besides restoring the skin and improving its appearance, getting rid of scars, wrinkles; dermaroller therapy is also beneficial in preventing hair loss. The device can be used in the scalp to stimulate formation of new hair follicles, promote blood circulation and result in hair growth.
Dermaroller can be used together with a topical agent to produce quicker and more successful results. Make sure your hair is wet before using the device so that it is flat. This reduces the chances of the hair getting entangled in dermaroller. Start rolling from the front of your head and gradually roll down towards the back.
To maximize absorption and efficacy of the topical agent, it is recommended to use 0.25 mm dermaroller on the scalp either daily or every alternate day. To promote hair growth, you can use 0.5 mm dermaroller however it should be used once every week or once every month.
I have acne scars on my face. Can the Dermaroller treat these scars?
Dermaroller has been proven successful in treating acne scars. Moreover, it also enhances overall texture of the skin and protects the skin from aging. Dermaroller with needles of 0.5mm to 1.5mm can be comfortably used at home to reduce acne scars. The fine needles should be rolled all around the scar to break the tissue. With regular use, the acne scars will diminish and you will also notice that your skin is smoother.
Does the Dermaroller hurt during use?
The needles fixed on the roller are enough to help in deep penetration of the skincare product. The needles will not harm the skin or scalp. When you first start using it, your skin might feel little ticklish and the scalp might be slightly sensitive. However, majority of individuals have observed that these problems are temporary and vanish after few days.
Is it necessary to use a numbing cream or anaesthetic gel before using the device?
Some people apply a numbing cream for needling on face and for cellulite. But others believe it is not required as the roller initially causes some irritation or feels ticklish but once you get accustomed to it, it is not painful. If you are not sure about using the numbing cream, it is best to consult your skin specialist.
How many times can it be used totally before discarding?
If you are using homecare dermarollers, the appliance can be used 15 times given that you handle the device carefully. However, if you see that the needles are curving, you must not use it any longer. Using a broken device can cause serious damage to your skin.
How often can the Dermaroller be used?
This is a common question asked by users. Needling your skin repeatedly will not result in better skin. The small wounds formed while using the Dermaroller require sufficient time to heal. The body needs time to go through the natural process of skin healing and build collagen.
Deciding how frequently to use a Dermaroller depends on the needle length you have chosen:
• 0.2-0.25 mm dermaroller can be used on a daily basis or every alternate day. This size enhances the absorption of skin care products which are applied
• 0.5 mm dermaroller could be utilized once every week/month
• 0.75 mm to 1.0 mm dermaroller can be used every 4-6 weeks
• 1.5 mm dermaroller could be used after every 6 weeks
• 2.0-2.5 mm dermaroller can be used once every 2 months
How to use Dermaroller?
1. Clean your face or the area to be treated with warm water and pat dry with a soft cloth. Check with the dermatologist about whether you should use a numbing cream or any other product to be used before rolling. Individuals with sensitive skin or using higher needle length might be prescribed a numbing cream.
2. Apply gently one layer of the skin care product to the region you want to treat. Now take the dermaroller with your desired needle length and roll it carefully over the skin. The movement should be first top to bottom, then left to right and last diagonally for approximately 7-15 times. Don’t press the roller too hard. Apply the amount of pressure which you can comfortably bear. However, make sure you apply the same pressure and strength during each movement to achieve superior results.
3. Be careful while using the dermaroller in areas around the lips and below the eyes since this skin is extremely delicate. Never roll on the eyelids.
4. After using the dermaroller, apply the skin care product to maximize absorption. You may even use a moisturizing serum to calm the skin and prevent skin irritation.
5. After the needling procedure, you might experience skin redness or sensitivity. This is quite common and goes away after a day or two. It is important to keep your skin well-moisturized. Use good quality skin care products which contain Vitamin A, C & E. These will stimulate production of collagen in your skin. Avoid direct exposure to sunlight. Use sun block cream when you step outdoors during daytime. 6. Never share the dermaroller with anyone else since it can highly increase the chances of a skin infection.
Does this product have CE approval?
Yes, Dermaroller is a safe product which has CE (Conformite Europeene) approval. This means the product is in line with European compliance. The CE mark on the product indicates that it follows European standards.
Should the Dermaroller be sterilized? Can I use Dettol, Savlon or any cleaners?
There are special cleaners available in the markets which are effective for disinfecting Dermaroller. You can also use hydrogen peroxide or isopropyl alcohol to sterilize it. This ensures that all the possible pathogens or impurities are destroyed.
How should the Dermaroller be cleaned after use?
The dermaroller unit should be washed thoroughly with soap and warm water. After use, make sure that you scrub away any leftover debris. Next soak the device for 5-8 minutes in a sterilizer solution. You may also use hydrogen peroxide or a cold disinfectant such as Clorexhidine solution. Users must not use chlorine, steam or any high temperature cleaning techniques.
Can use of Dermaroller reduce hyperpigmentation?
Hyperpigmentation occurs because of too much production of pigment cells. It is generally caused by continuing exposure to sunrays, chemical peels, certain medications, inflammation or hormonal imbalance. Dermaroller can considerably lessen hyperpigmentation by enhancing the absorption and effectiveness of your skin lightening products. In addition, it also aids to control abnormal production of pigment cells.
What is the recovery time?
Cosmetic procedures such as laser, chemical peels or microdermabrasion therapies usually have a recovery period of 3-12 weeks. However, skin needling has a shorter recovery time. If you are using dermaroller with 0.25 mm needle, your skin will heal in 24 hours. Needles of 0.5 mm require 2-7 days for recovery. For 0.75 to 1.5 mm needles, the usual healing period is 4-7 days; however it can differ from person to person based on the intensity of the treatment.
Does it minimize the pores?
Large skin pores can look unpleasant. Contrary to popular belief, the main reason for them is not always acne. Factors such as pollution, oily skin, make-up deposits, bacteria and excess sebum can settle in the pores and make them appear bigger.
Pores generally occur in areas around the nose and cheeks. As dirt and oil collects in the pores, they stretch to hold the oil thereby resulting in larger pores. Using dermaroller can help in reducing these ugly pores. The micro needling action performed by this device accelerates natural production of collagen in the skin. This in turn makes the skin look plumper and smoother consequently minimizing the pores and making them less visible. The result is fresh new skin without any unwanted pores.
How many times in a week can I use the Dermaroller? Can it be used daily?
Determining how often you can use the Dermaroller depends on the needle length selected. Moreover, the area to be treated and the seriousness of the skin problem should also be considered. The idea is to make sure your skin gets ample amount of time to heal itself before you do another round of dermarolling.
Dermaroller with 0.2-0.25mm needle length can be used on a daily basis or every alternate day. This size enhances the absorption of skin care products which are applied. Needle length more than 0.25 mm should not be used on a regular basis as they are more powerful and the skin needs more time for healing.
Can I use dermaroller for stretch marks around buttock areas?
Stretch marks can be described as a kind of scarring which forms on the epidermis (the outermost skin layer). These marks are generally seen on body parts such as abdomen, upper arms, thighs, breasts and buttocks. Stretch marks occur due to tearing of the dermis which is located below the epidermis. These scars are formed owing to weight gain, during puberty or pregnancy.
Unwanted stretch marks around the buttock areas can be easily treated using the dermaroller. Needle length of 1.5mm can be used on the butt region once every 6 weeks to lessen stretch marks.
Is the Dermaroller helpful in tightening loose skin around the tummy after childbirth?
Yes. The dermaroller is a useful device which helps to tighten up loose skin on most body parts including neck, arms, stomach, thighs, back of the hands etc. A dermaroller with needle length of 1.5mm can be used to tighten loose skin around the abdomen post-delivery. Generally, it can be used once every 6 weeks. However, it is advised that you check with the doctor first.